New Student Admission Information for the 2015-2016 Academic year:
New Student Admission Criteria – The Alpha Learning Academy is a representation of God’s family; and therefore we require that at least one parent or guardian be a confessed Christian. We believe true education begins and ends with God and a relationship with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
New Student Application 2015-2016 – Any student entering Kindergarten must be five years old before October 1st. The Alpha Learning Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions practices and scholarship consideration.
NEW STUDENT APPLICATION for ADMISSION PROCESS to Alpha Learning Academy- See Below:
- Obtain original of student’s Birth Certificate (a copy will be made)
- Obtain current student immunization record on valid Florida DH immunization form
- Please contact Orange County Health Department at (407) 836-7185 for more information.
- Annual Physical exam (must be current within year of enrollment)
- Teacher reference form completed and returned by current/former teacher
- Church reference form completed by the Pastor, ministerial staff or ministry head of current church
- Obtain copy of previous year & most recent report card (Kindergarten exemption)
- Obtain copy of most recent standardized test scores (SAT, FCAT, IOWA, etc.)
- Complete the New Student Application 2015-2016 and submit the $25 Application fee (Non-Refundable)
NEW STUDENT ENROLLMENT STEPS to Alpha Learning Academy- See Below:
- After the application packet and all checklist items have been submitted and reviewed, the applying student must take an entrance exams scheduled by the administrative office. Applicants must score at normed levels for readiness and abilities in reading, language arts and math.
- Schedule an Admissions conference with the School Principal to discuss admission consideration, expectations and address any questions related to the learning environment for students enrolled at Alpha Learning Academy. This Admissions conference will be between the school principal and the parents/guardians. Students are NOT apart of this meeting, so please make the proper arrangements.
ALL ALPHA LEARNING ACADEMY FAMILIES – Parental Involvement:
All parents of Alpha Learning Academy students will be expected to participate in their child’s education and demonstrate support for the school. This expectation is accomplished by becoming an active member of Parent Teacher Fellowship (PTF), volunteering for assignments in support of our learning environment and praying for our administration, faculty, students and families. Parental involvement is used as a measure for re-enrollment eligibility. Please see our Parent Volunteer Commitments for further details.
ALPHA LEARNING ACADEMY PROUDLY PARTNERS WITH STEP UP FOR STUDENTS – SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Students who qualify for the free or reduced school lunch program may qualify for a Step Up For Students Scholarship to a private school. For the 2014-15 school year, scholarships are valued up to $5,272 for private school tuition. The goal of the program is to provide families a choice in their child’s education.
It’s your child; it’s your choice. Click here to learn more about scholarship opportunities & eligibility.