The purpose of tutoring…
is to help students help themselves and to assist or guide them to the point at which they become independent, successful learners.
Tutoring is available
Alpha Learning students who choose to attend our Extended Day Program receive homework help during the first hour of the program. Our teachers spend time assisting our extended day students with their homework assignments; as well as provide supplemental work to help students reinforce what they are learning in their classrooms.
During the school year, the tutoring program of Saint Mark, provides tutoring to any and all students interested. Many Alpha Learning students take advantage of this free tutoring service offered by the church – Tuesday’s at 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm. Review the schedule for the list of days when tutoring will be off.
How do you know if tutoring is needed for you or your child?
There are many possible reasons why you or your child might need tutoring. Here are some of the most important reasons:
- Teacher or counselor recommends tutoring
- Grades are dropping
- Homework seems increasingly difficult
- Extreme anxiety before tests
- Self-esteem is dropping
- Loss of interest in learning
- Feelings of wanting to give up
- Resistance to doing schoolwork
- Reluctance to go to school
What are the benefits of tutoring?
Tutoring can be beneficial in many ways. Here are some of the benefits:
- Provides personalized attention
- Improves grades
- Increases knowledge and understanding of subjects
- Increases motivation to succeed
- Leads to better use of study time
- Improves self-esteem and confidence