The Alpha Learning Academy is a ministry of Saint Mark AME Church, and we believe that our students are uniquely created and purposed with gifts endowed by our heavenly Father to glorify the perfect-finished work of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. As Christian educators, we are commissioned by faith to nurture, feed and attend to our students (our seeds of promise); which have been entrusted to our care. Collectively, we demonstrate excellence in Christian Education, with a focus on family engagement, academic achievement and student success.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
The faculty and staff of the Alpha Learning Academy are committed to creating an environment purposed in strong student engagement and instruction; thus ensuring that all students have an equal opportunity to reach their God-purposed potential and actualize their unique role in the perfect-finished work of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Our philosophy of Christian Education is based on four principles:
1. Christian Education is God-centered
The Alpha Learning Academy believes that God is the Creator, purpose, and sustainer of all things. As such, true education must begin and end with God. God-centered education puts salvation first. It is important to change the hearts of children as we train their minds.
2. Christian Education is Bible-based
The Alpha Learning Academy offers academic excellence, while teaching its students how to apply what they learn in their daily lives. Every academic subject is taught as it is revealed in God’s word, the Bible.
3. Christian Education is student-related
Each student is special to God and God knows the needs of each child. As such, the Alpha Learning Academy will endeavor to hire staff that demonstrate a commissioning by God to follow the guidance of the Holy Spirit, to nurture, feed and attend to our students (our seeds of promise); which have been entrusted to our care.
4. Christian Education is Godly character training
The Alpha Learning Academy believes that children learn some by what we say, more by what we do, but most by who we are in Christ. The Alpha Learning Academy considers it of utmost importance that the administration, faculty, and staff lead and guide students by exhibiting Godly behavior and character in their own lives.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
Christian Education is rooted in the Bible and recognizes God as the Supreme Authority in all matters. It teaches that man, who was created in the image of God, has fallen short through sin, but confronts man in his fallen state and directs him back to God for restoration and God’s Word for guidance and instruction.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21).
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30).
- We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33); His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:17; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35); His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; Hebrews 7:26); His miracles (John 2:11); His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9); His Resurrection (John 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:4); His Ascension to the right hand of God (Mark 16:19); and His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11).
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature; and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ; and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone are we saved (John 3:16-19; 5:24;Romans 3:23; 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost–they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of condemnation (John 5:28-29).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 12:12-13; Galatians 3:26-28).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose in-dwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life (Romans 8:13-14; 1 Corinthians 3:16; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:3-Ephesians 5:18).
The Alpha Learning Academy is a representation of God’s family and we subscribe to the following Christian responsibilities in our interactions one with another:
Love God Wholeheartedly – “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.” (Mark 12:30)
Serve Others Joyfully – “Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.” (Philippians 2:3-4)
Obey Authority – “Obey your leaders and submit to their authority. They keep watch over us as men who must give an account. Obey them so that their work will be a joy, not a burden that would be of no advantage to you.” (Hebrews 13:17)
Work Diligently– “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.” (Colossians 3:23)
THE RESURRECTION OF CHRIST
Christ truly did rise from the dead and took his body with all things appertaining to the perfection of man’s nature. He ascended into heaven and sits there until He returns on the last day to judge the world.
THE HOLY SPIRIT
The Holy Spirit, proceeding from the Father and the Son, is of one substance, majesty and glory with the Father, and the Son.